Empowers Child Health Service Providers
SchoolScreener® Hearing, when used with the SchoolScreener® District Data module, is for locality-wide hearing screening programmes. They form an efficient, cost-effective and proven tool to manage your area's hearing screening activity.
For children aged 4 and over, it's designed to be delivered at scale quickly and cost-effectively. All administration is automated; audit, data management and much more, according to your requirements.
Managers and clinicians have access to detailed reporting and local audits through the SchoolScreener® District Data dashboard. This enables timely intervention and decision making for quality control, resource planning and reporting to commissioning bodies.
In a Nutshell
- We assist you to upload class lists for each school in your area to our secure server in the cloud
- The School Nurse/Screener/Band 2/3 logs in and downloads our SchoolScreener® app on their laptop. Details of all the schools and children they are assigned to visit are automatically uploaded securely to the laptop.
- The Screener then takes the laptop to the school to perform the screening. THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE INTERNET ACCESS.
- The Screener plugs in our bespoke Audiometer Device to the laptop. Animations engage the child and explain the test. (or you can use your current equipment).
- The Screener performs a pure or warble tone audiometry test.
- Results are recorded automatically, minimising scoring and transcription errors.
- The test eliminates the potential for the Screener to inadvertently 'lead' the child.
- Options to use manual test or own audiometers.
- Results automatically sent to Cloud and personalised letters for each child available in seconds, saving administration time.
- Automated management, KPI reporting dashboard and screening criteria according to locality requirements.
- Children who may have a hearing problem are usually referred to a secondary examination.
- Clinicians performing the secondary examination may login and record the outcome of their test thus providing real-time audit information regarding the progress and effectiveness of the screening programme.
- Hearing test results may then be uploaded to Child Health Record systems.
- Automated management and KPI reporting dashboard, according to locality requirements.
- All SchoolScreener® products include training, support and IT from Thomson Screening.