Child BMI Measurement and the NCMP
SchoolScreener® NCMP is an efficient, cost-effective and proven tool to help you implement the National Child Measurement Programme in your local schools.
Designed in the UK, no specialist knowledge is required to use it and no special training is required, either. Band 2/3s and school nurses are used by providers delivering the NCMP through SchoolScreener®. It automates administration and communications to parents. Providers also procuring other SchoolScreener® modules, save additional cost, time and resources and an extra school visit.
The software manages the full BMI screening process from data capture to administration, including personalised communications to parents/carers. It works with the SchoolScreener® Parent Portal to eliminate the need for printing and manually distributing parent letters. It also manages the referral pathway and feedback to schools. Managers have access to detailed management information and audit allowing quality control, timely interventions and decision making on resource allocation.
In a Nutshell
- All SchoolScreener® products include training, support and IT from Thomson Screening.
- We assist you to upload class lists for each school in your area to our secure server in the cloud
- The School Nurse/Screener/Band 2/3 logs in and downloads our SchoolScreener® NCMP app onto their laptop. Details of all the schools and children they are assigned to visit are automatically added securely to the laptop.
- The Screener then takes the laptop to the school to perform the screening. THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE INTERNET ACCESS.
- The Screener measures and enters the height & weight measurements for each child and securely adds the results to the database.
- When screening is complete, the Screener simply connects to the internet and selects "Sync".
- Results are automatically uploaded to the cloud and customised communications for each child are available within seconds, saving a huge amount of time for Screeners/Administrators.
- The BMI measurements are automatically checked and may then be uploaded in bulk to NHS Digital/HSCIC.
- KPI reporting is automated through the SchoolScreener® NCMP dashboard.