BMI Measurement and the NCMP
Designed in the UK, no specialist knowledge is required to use it and no special training is required, either. Band 2/3s and school nurses are used by providers delivering the NCMP through SchoolScreener®. It automates administration and communications to parents. Providers also procuring other SchoolScreener® modules, save additional cost, time and resources and an extra school visit.
The software manages the full BMI screening process from data capture, administration (including personalised letters to parents/carers), management of the referral pathway and feedback to schools. Managers have access to detailed management information and audit allowing quality control, timely interventions and decision making on resource allocation.
In a Nutshell
- All SchoolScreener® products include training, support and IT from Thomson Screening.
- We assist you to upload class lists for each school in your area to our secure server in the cloud
- The School Nurse/Screener/Band 2/3 logs in and downloads our SchoolScreener® Height + Weight app on their laptop. Details of all the schools and children they are assigned to visit are automatically uploaded securely to the laptop.
- The Screener then takes the laptop to the school to perform the screening. THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE INTERNET ACCESS.
- The Screener measures and enters the height & weight measurements for each child and securely adds the results to the database.
- When screening is complete, the Screener simply connects to the internet and selects "Sync".
- Results are automatically uploaded to the cloud and customised letters for each child are available within seconds, saving a huge amount of time for Screeners/Administrators.
- The BMI measurements are automatically checked and may then be uploaded in bulk to NHS Digital/HSCIC
- KPI reporting is automated through the SchoolScreener® District Data dashboard.
SchoolScreener® Product Choices
For district child health programmes, covering multiple sites, add SchoolScreener® District Data to enable full automated administration, communications to parents, reporting and audit functionality.